Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just a thought

I was just thinking about global warming. I've been told that one of our concerns is that our polar caps are melting, thus increasing the size of the oceans, and decreasing the size of the surrounding continents. And, the idea is that we are making them melt with all of our industrialization. Bad us.

When I thought about it further, I thought about the Great Lakes and the area in which I live. I went to a college named Moraine Valley. There are Moraines all over the place here, which are basically areas that were supposed to have been formed by glaciers. Glaciers that melted, right? That was a long time ago, before we were industrialized.

And weren't the Great Lakes formed the same way? From Glaciers long gone? So, is Global Warming really something we have control over? Or is that just arrogance to believe that we really have control over it?

Just a thought. No answer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you watched "An Inconvenient Truth" yet? I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Tracy said. The problem is the accelerated rate of melting in the last few decades of industrialization. Sure wish your logic was correct though.